Tuesday 3 July 2007

I wish I had a sister

by Pooja Kiran Kamat (a poem by a 9-year-old)






If, if ,if, I had a small sister
Who was cute and chubby like me
I would skip, and jump,
And play with her
She would laugh, just like me.

Like George Makenzie
I would run, through the streets
With boxes on my feet,
On lullaby tunes, I would sing
a song, till she fell, sound asleep

With a cap on her eyes,
She would splash too much water
She would swim, just like me
With goggles on her feet,
She would swim behind me
And smile, to show her teeth

I would take her to school
We would study together
Two doctors, we would be
She must, must be, always with me
Oh! What fun, that would be!

Oh, I wish, wish, wish,
I wish I had a small sister
To play and laugh with me

1 comment:

Balu said...

This is such a loverly poem :)
Really enjoyed it :)

Regards,
Balu

My Published Books for Kids

Image and video hosting by TinyPic